Monday, February 21, 2011

Alumni Symposium

I attended the Alumni Symposium on Feb 15th and I thought it was great. I was cool seeing two students who had just graduated from CofC speaking at this event. I enjoyed listening to the speaker's view on what we should know for when we graduate and how their experience was when they graduated.

Some things that I learned were:
its better to be truthful about what you know and only list languages that you are confident in working with on your resume than to list pages and pages of languages and concepts that no one could really have a full understand of.
its better to find something that you're passionate about because your passion will be the driving force for your work ethic.
its good to get involved with computer science oriented groups and associations. "Who you know" can play a large part into whether or not you get the job.

Some things to be looking into:
-web applications
-mobile computing/apps

No comments:

Post a Comment