Wednesday, March 16, 2011

POSSCON 2011

I will be attending POSSCON on Thursday, March 24th.

On this day, there two speakers and six Breakout Sessions.

I think the first speaker, Jim Jagielski, would be someone interesting to speak with. He seems like he has had plenty of experience with open source software and he is involved with Red Hat. Sugar was initially developed by Red Hat and OLPC.

I think I would just enjoy listening to the second speaker, Gianugo Rabellino, who is going to talk about Open Source Communities at Microsoft. These two do not appear to be a likely duo, but who knows.

As for the Breakout Sessions, I'm torn between two speakers for the first one. Choice number one is Chris Hinkley who will be speaking about web security. I would really like to hear him speak about this because this idea is so important in today's businesses. My other choice was to attend Allen Tucker's session. He will be speaking about HFOSS projects and will be sharing many ongoing efforts of students. I thought this session would be interesting because we are currently working on FOSS projects.

I think it would also be interesting to speak with John Mertic in the third session. I'm not sure what type of PHP application he is describing, but I just learned about PHP last semester when we used it to connect a website to a MySql database. I would like to learn more about what you can do with PHP.

No comments:

Post a Comment